July 29, 2014
From the Holmby Westwood Property Owners Association, serving the Holmby Westwood community since 1960.
1. Holmby Westwood Information Update
2. LAPD National Night Out
3. Things Your Burglar Won’t Tell You
4. Curb Painting
5. HWPOA Communication and Ad Policy
6. Resident Ads
7. HWPOA Contact Information
1. HOLMBY WESTWOOD INFORMATION UPDATE
HWPOA is in the process of updating our homeowner records. Unfortunately, our database is incomplete and we are missing some important information regarding some of our homeowners. To track down the information, we will be sending out emails to specific HWPOA members with a request to provide us with the missing information.
If you receive an email from email@example.com requesting information, please reply so that we can update our database.
HWPOA Office Manager
2. LAPD NATIONAL NIGHT OUT
You are invited to the LAPD’s “National Night Out”, a time when a joyous spirit of community is celebrated, and the right of people to enjoy safety from crime is honored.
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Stoner Park Recreation Center
1833 Stoner Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90025
FREE BBQ & REFRESHMENTS
For further information, call
West Los Angeles Community Police Station,
Community Relations Office: 310-444-0735
3. THINGS YOUR BURGLAR WON’T TELL YOU
We will be posting a few of these items every week in the Holmby News. These insights into the way burglars “think” could help save your home from being burglarized:
1. Of course I look familiar. I was here just last week cleaning your carpets, painting your shutters, or delivering your new refrigerator.
2. Hey, thanks for letting me use the bathroom when I was working in your yard last week. While I was in there, I unlatched the back window to make my return a little easier.
3. Love those flowers. That tells me you have taste… and taste means there are nice things inside. Those yard toys your kids leave out always make me wonder what type of gaming system they have.
4. Yes, I really do look for newspapers piled up on the driveway. And I might leave a pizza flyer in your front door to see how long it takes you to remove it.
5. I always knock first. If you answer, I’ll ask for directions somewhere or offer to clean your gutters. (Don’t take me up on it.)
4. CURB PAINTING
Our neighbors in Brentwood have recently had solicitors painting curb address numbers in their neighborhood. Last August, an organization came through the Holmby Westwood area for the same reason, so it is possible that they will return again in the upcoming weeks. Please note the following information that we received from the Brentwood Homeowners Association:
A representative from an organization called Care 4 The Children may knock on your door soliciting a donation for painting your curb address numbers.
You are NOT obligated to make this donation or make any payment or answer your door. Please report any representation to the contrary.
Our initial research is they are a legitimate organization, although their tactics of doing the work and then soliciting “payment” is questionable. They seem to donate only about 10%-20% of their money to charities, while the rest goes to outside contractors who perform the work.
5. HWPOA COMMUNICATION AND AD POLICY
Please direct all comments, questions or issues regarding the HOLMBY NEWS to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ads for plumbers, housekeepers, garage sales, etc. will be posted in the weekly NEWS. Emergency situations such as coyote sightings, lost and found pets, traffic alerts and similar situations will continue to be published during the week as received.
When placing an ad, please send to email@example.com for the HOLMBY NEWS Moderator to review. Responses to ads should be directed to the ad placer, not to HWPOA.
6. RESIDENT ADS
While our 16 year housekeeper was gone for two months having medical treatments, I hired a temporary housekeeper who is the cousin of a former employee and who works for my in-laws. I found the temporary was honest, quiet, hardworking and affordable. I helped her find another employer, and she still has Tuesday and Thursday available. If you are looking for a good housekeeper who speaks Spanish and has transportation, please call me.
7. HWPOA CONTACT INFORMATION
HOLMBY WESTWOOD PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
914 Westwood Blvd. Suite 573
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Web site: www.holmbywestwoodpoa.org